Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Is there anybody out there?

Sitting by the ocean in Newfoundland
After three months in China, prices of all the essentials here in Montreal have gone up at least 25%. My old bottle of soy source from Chinatown has a price tag of $3.99 and now I pay $4.99, which is a 25% increase. The bitter melon tea went from $3.99 to $5.99, which is a 50% increase. A package of salmon at Costco went from $15.99 to $19.99, another 25% increase. The first two items I could not do without; I will continue to buy them. The salmon, however, not only the price has gone up, a 4% saline was injected into them. In addition, they were labeled Atlantic salmon from Chile. How is it possible? Chile is on the Pacific ocean, unless Google map is wrong (Ha Ha).

Is this quantitative easing (government printing money) at work already? Then how come all the data are showing we do not have inflation?

Is it only me who are noticing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment