Tuesday, September 29, 2009

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he

"You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you." - by James Allen

Why anyone would expose one’s thoughts to the public? That is the counter argument of those who are against blogging. Why indeed?

As for myself, the sole reason I blog is because I do not believe that I can hide my thoughts even if I want to.

James Allen explains it better in “As a Man Thinketh”: the aphorism, "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he," not only embraces the whole of a man's being, but is so comprehensive as to reach out to every condition and circumstance of his life. A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts….

Since what I think manifests my whole character, I should at least try my best to watch my thoughts.

Therefore, blogging in this sense serves as some sort of a tool for personal growth. More accurately perhaps blogging acts like a mirror that reflects his/her thoughts.


C-Cassia

No comments:

Post a Comment